The 2016 FIU football schedule gets most of the tough games at home. However, that means the Golden Panthers have to win them.
2016 FIU Football Schedule
Sept. 1 Indiana
Sept. 10 Maryland
Sept. 17 at Massachusetts
Sept. 24 UCF
Oct. 1 Florida Atlantic
Oct. 8 at UTEP
Oct. 15 at Charlotte
Oct. 22 Louisiana Tech
Oct. 29 Middle Tennessee
Nov. 5 at WKU
Nov. 12 OPEN DATE
Nov. 19 Marshall
Nov. 26 at Old Dominion
Non-Conference Games: Indiana, Maryland, at Massachusetts, UCF
Games vs. the West: at UTEP, Louisiana Tech
5 Keys To The Schedule
– The Golden Panthers start out with two Big Ten games, and both are at home dealing with Indiana and Maryland in the Miami heat. The road game at UMass isn’t bad – it’s the only date outside of Florida, and the only game on the road, until going to UTEP.
– There are only two games against the West, but they’re both problems. That game at UTEP won’t be easy, and facing Louisiana Tech comes at a bad time. It’s just after a two-game road trip and just before Middle Tennessee. However …
– The date with the Blue Raiders is at home, as is the game against Marshall. Even better, there’s a week off before facing the Thundering Herd. However, the WKU game is on the road.
– Unlike every other Conference USA team, FIU doesn’t have to face a run of three road games in four dates. The seven home games are a gift.
– WATCH OUT FOR … at Old Dominion. Some of the biggest games are at home, but FIU isn’t going to beat La Tech, Middle Tennessee and Marshall – it might win two of the three if all goes well. If this is going to be a bowl season, the Golden Panthers probably can’t blow the regular season finale at ODU.
2017 Non-Conference Games: at Indiana, at UCF