Georgia Tech 65, Tulane 10 In Three Things
1. Everything worked for the Yellow Jackets for the second straight week, getting out to a 21-0 lead on short touchdown runs from Qua Searcy, Patrick Skov and Justin Thomas. Tulane scored on a 44-yard Devon Breaux catch, but Tech answered to close out the half with a 17-yard Searcy touchdown catch.
2. The machine didn’t stop. The Yellow Jackets went on a 26-point scoring run with Thomas throwing another touchdown pass and Matthew Jordan finding TaQuon Marshall for a 35-yard scoring play.
3. Tulane only managed a 37-yard Andrew DiRocco field goal in the fourth quarter. Those were the only points over the last 38 minutes.
– Justin Thomas completed 7-of-9 passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns, He ran ten times for 71 yards and a score
– The Yellow Jackets ran for 439 yards and six scores, averaging 7.8 yards per carry
– The offense converted 6-of-9 third down chances and both fourth down tries
– Tanner Lee completed 14-of-30 passes for 165 yards and a score with a pick
– The Green Wave ran just 33 times for 71 yards averaging 2.2 yards per try
– The offense only averaged 4.9 yards per pass