Memphis 55, Kansas 23 In Three Things
1. A Memphis fumble led to an early score and a 10-0 Kansas lead, with Ke’aun Kinner running for a five-yard score, and then Memphis woke up. The Tigers scored 24 first half points with Sam Craft and Doroland Dorceus running for scores and Tevin Jones catching a six-yard scoring play.
2. Mose Frazier ran for a 60-yard touchdown to start out the second half for the Tigers, but Kansas pulled within 31-20 on a seven yard Montell Cozart run. The Tigers would take control again.
3. Memphis scored 24 straight points to pull away with one-yard scoring runs from Jamarius Henderson and Jarvis Cooper, and a three-yard Daniel Montiel scoring catch.
– Paxton Lynch completed 22-of-25 passes for 354 yards and two scores. He did whatever he wanted.
– Mose Frazier ran three times for 64 yards and a score, and caught four passes for 77 yards
– Memphis rolled up 651 yards of total offense
– Ke’aun Kinner ran 16 times for 113 yards and a score. Montell Cozart completed 13-of-28 passes for 118 yards.
– Memphis averaged 13.2 yards per pass, Kansas 4.1
– Kansas was +3 in turnover margin