The 2016 Louisiana Tech football schedule might have a few rocky parts, but it’s decent enough to take the West.
2016 Louisiana Tech Football Schedule
Sept. 3 at Arkansas
Sept. 10 South Carolina State
Sept. 17 at Texas Tech
Sept. 24 at Middle Tennessee
Oct. 1 UTEP
Oct. 8 WKU
Oct. 15 at Massachusetts
Oct. 22 at FIU
Oct. 29 Rice
Nov. 5 at North Texas
Nov. 12 UTSA
Nov. 19 OPEN DATE
Nov. 26 at Southern Miss
Non-Conference Games: at Arkansas, South Carolina State, at Texas Tech, at Massachusetts
Games vs. the East: at Middle Tennessee, WKU, at FIU
5 Keys To The Schedule
– The Bulldogs get to see just how quickly they’ve reloaded with a chance to make a massive statement against Arkansas on the road to start the season. The South Carolina State scrimmage to follow is a must with a trip to Texas Tech to follow. The date at UMass is on the road, but that’s hardly a bad non-conference game.
– Three of the first four games are on the road, and all of them are tough, including the Conference USA opener against Middle Tennessee. But …
– The games against the East could be worse – there’s no Marshall. However, going to Middle Tennessee stinks and facing WKU is a problem. Going to FIU isn’t going to be easy, either.
– Not only do the Bulldogs have a three-road-game-in-four-weeks start, but they have to crank out a run of three more road games in four weeks in the middle going to UMass, FIU and North Texas. Those are winnable, though.
– WATCH OUT FOR … the regular season finale against Southern Miss to play a huge role in the Conference USA race. There’s a week off before it happens, and USM’s schedule might be too nasty to be in the West hunt, but Tech might have to win this to get into the title game.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Northwestern State, Mississippi State, at South Carolina, South Alabama