Missouri 27, Arkansas State 20
1. Maty Mauk threw three touchdown passes with two in the third quarter to give Missouri the lead for good. He found Wesley Leftwich for a 32-yard score and Sean Culkin for a 21-yard touchdown.
2. Arkansas State outplayed the Tigers for long stretches, taking a 17-10 halftime lead on a five-yard Tres Houston touchdown catch – his second score of the first half. The Red Wolves final score was on a 40-yard field goal from Drew White to pull within four in the fourth.
3. Andrew Baggett hit a 41-yard field goal to help Mizzou pull ahead for good. He started the scoring with a 30-yard kick.
– Maty Mauk had problems, but he came through when he had to hitting 16-of-36 passes for 148 yards and three scores with two picks. He also led the team with 75 rushing yards on ten carries.
– Three different Tigers caught touchdown passes. Sean Culkin led the way with 46 yards and a score on five catches.
– Mizzou was awful for most of the game, failing to run well – with just 134 yards – and committing nine penalties with three turnovers.
– Fredi Knighted completed 11-of-23 passes for 97 yards and two scores
– Michael Gordon ran 17 times for 67 yards
– The Red Wolves couldn’t get the offense going without a takeaway. They turned it over three times and finished with just 217 yards.