Missouri vs. Connecticut
Final Score: Missouri 9, Connecticut 6
1. In an ugly game, Missouri got a two-yard touchdown run from Maty Mauk on fourth and goal in the third quarter. That would be it for the touchdowns from the Tigers as the defense held on, stuffing UConn outside of one short drive.
2. Connecticut took a 6-2 lead on a six-yard Ron Johnson run in the first quarter after a turnover, but the extra point was blocked.
3. The Tigers started out the scoring on a safety after a botched punt attempt.
– Uh oh. With SEC play coming up next against Kentucky, Missouri had better figure out how to get some production out of the running game because the explosion in the passing attack isn’t there. The Tigers gained just 270 yards.
– Maty Mauk completed 14-of-22 passes for 145 yards with an interception, and ran for 13 yards and a score. Drew Lock completed 6-of-9 passes for 40 yards.
– The Tigers ran for just 85 yards averaging 2.5 yards per pop.
– The Huskies hung around until the very end, but they couldn’t move the offense converting just 2-of-13 third down chances and one of three fourth down tries. The running game was stuffed, but the defense kept Missouri in check all game long, especially against the run.
– Bryant Shirreffs completed 17-of-26 passes for 156 yards, and ran 14 times for a team-high 29 yards.
– Noel Thomas caught seven passes for a team-high 86 yards.