The Duke football schedule for 2016 has the potential to start out big with a good first half of the season, but there can’t be whiffs on the ACC home dates.
2016 Duke Football Schedule
Sept. 3 North Carolina Central
Sept. 10 Wake Forest
Sept. 17 at Northwestern
Sept. 24 at Notre Dame
Oct. 1 Virginia
Oct. 8 Army
Oct. 14 at Louisville
Oct. 22 OPEN DATE
Oct. 29 at Georgia Tech
Nov. 5 Virginia Tech
Nov. 10 North Carolina
Nov. 19 at Pitt
Nov. 26 at Miami
Non-Conference Games: NC Central, at Northwestern, at Notre Dame, Army
Games vs. the Atlantic: Wake Forest, at Louisville
5 Keys To The Schedule
– There’s a chance to start the season hot and with some momentum with North Carolina Central to ease into the slate and the ACC start against Wake Forest to follow. Beat Northwestern in Evanston, and there’s a good shot at being 3-0 going into Notre Dame.
– Four of the first six games are against teams that didn’t go bowling last season. The two teams that did go to the post-season are road games – Northwestern and Notre Dame.
– Unlike most ACC teams, Duke doesn’t have a run of three road games in four. However, the last two games are at Pitt and Miami.
– While going to Louisville won’t be easy, Duke doesn’t have to face Clemson or Florida State from the Atlantic. Wake Forest is the other interdivisional game – that’s not bad.
– WATCH OUT FOR … Wake Forest. A loss to the Demon Deacons would be disastrous with those road games at Northwestern and Notre Dame to follow. This is an ACC game the Blue Devils have to have.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Northwestern, Baylor, at Army, NC Central