Michigan football recruiting update as of October 10, 2016. Jim Harbaugh’s team is looking to get back into the top five of the 2017 recruiting rankings.
Jim Harbaugh’s team flat-out embarrassed Rutgers this past Saturday, 78-0, and now the Wolverines will head into a bye week.
They haven’t put up as many recruiting points lately as they put up actual points against the Scarlet Knights, but they are about a week removed from a huge recruiting weekend. In the 14-7 win over Wisconsin, Michigan hosted a plethora of big-time recruits. There were also plenty in attendance at Saturday’s beatdown in New Jersey – one of Jim Harbaugh’s favorite new recruiting grounds.
Five-star linebacker Baron Browning headlined the group that visited for the Wisconsin game, one that also included 5-star offensive tackle Alex leatherwood, and called the trip to Ann Arbor the best visit he’d ever had. In addition, 4-star linebacker Jordan Anthony, 4-star center Cesar Ruiz, 4-star offensive tackle Jedrick Willis, 4-star offensive tackle Chuck Filiaga and others also witnessed the top-10 victory over the Badgers.
One Michigan target, 4-star wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones, was supposed to take an official visit to Florida this past weekend. However, Hurricane Matthew altered the plan for the nation’s No. 4 wide receiver. Instead, Peoples-Jones took an official visit to Ohio State. However, he’s still projected to end up with the Wolverines.
Five-star offensive guard Tedarrell Slaton was on hand to watch the Florida State Seminoles beat rival Miami, 20-19. But, much like with Peoples-Jones, Michigan is still the favorite to land the nation’s No. 2 offensive guard.
Michigan Football Recruiting Update
- No. 9 Overall Class
- Total Commits: 18
- 5-Star Commits: 0
- 4-Star Commits: 8
- 3-Star Commits: 8
- 2-Star Commits: 2
- O’Maury Samuels: 4-Star, No. 23 RB, Unranked Overall
- Luiji Vilain: 4-Star, No. 11 DE, No. 139 Overall
- Kai-Leon Herbert: 4-Star, No. 21 OT, No. 180 Overall
- Corey Malone-Hatcher: 4-Star, No. 27 DE, No. 296 Overall
- J’Marick Woods: 4-Star, No. 26 S, Unranked Overall
- Dylan McCaffrey: 4-Star, No. 9 QB, No. 102 Overall
- Josh Ross: 4-Star, No. 8 ILB, No. 230 Overall
- Jaraymond Hall: 4-Star, No. 34 OT, Unranked Overall
- A.J. Dillon: 3-Star, No. 39 RB, Unranked Overall
- James Hudson: 3-Star, No. 27 DE, Unranked Overall
- Andrew Stueber: 3-Star, No. 43 OT, Unranked Overall
- Joel Honigford: 3-Star, No. 46 OT, Unranked Overall
- Kurt Taylor: 3-Star No. 48 RB, Unranked Overall
- Ben Mason: 3-Star, No. 65 DE, Unranked Overall
- Benjamin St. Juste: 3-Star No. 33 CB, Unranked Overall
- Phil Paea: 3-Star, No. 25 DT, Unranked Overall
- Chase Lasater: 2-Star Unranked ILB
- Carter Dunaway: 2-Star Unranked TE
- Tedarrell Slaton: 5-Star, No. 2 OG, No. 31 Overall
- Jaylen Kelly-Powell: 4-Star, No. 24 S, No. 276 Overall
- Nico Collins: 4-Star, No. 17 WR, No. 113 Overall
- Isaiah Wilson: 4-Star, No. 11 OT, No. 68 Overall
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 4-Star, No. 4 WR, No. 34 Overall
Tweet of the Week
— Dylan McCaffrey (@dcaf20) October 5, 2016
Four-star quarterback commit Dylan McCaffrey makes his case for 4-star wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones to commit to Michigan.