Ohio State football recruiting update as of April 16, 2017. Urban Meyer’s Buckeyes added elite prospects to both their secondary and their offensive line.
You just knew, sooner or later, Urban Meyer was going to make a splash in the 2018 recruiting class, and he made a couple of splashes this past weekend.
On Saturday, the Buckeyes added to their future secondary when 4-star safety Josh Proctor committed to Ohio State over Oklahoma. The Owasso, Oklahoma native was projected to land with the Sooners, but the opportunity to play in Columbus was too great to pass up.
He wasn’t alone, though.
On the same day, former Georgia commit Max Wray, a 4-star offensive tackle from Franklin, Tennessee, committed to Ohio State as well.
Alabama, LSU, Tennessee were all in the mix and trying to sway Wray, but the pull to the Buckeyes was overpowering, and he decided to join the class as well.
Those two additions helped Ohio State move up to No. 6 in the 2018 recruiting class rankings, but the Buckeyes aren’t done yet. They’re a real threat to flip 5-star defensive end Micah Parsons away from Penn State, and 5-star offensive tackle Jackson Carman has them as his No. 2 choice behind Clemson.
Ohio State Football Recruiting Update
- No. 6 Overall Class
- Total Commits: 7
- 5-Star Commits: 2
- 4-Star Commits: 5
- 3-Star Commits: 0
- Taron Vincent: 5-Star, No. 1 DT, No. 7 Overall
- Emory Jones: 5-Star, No. 4 QB, No. 22 Overall
- Max Wray: 4-Star, No. 7 OT, No. 57 Overall
- Jaiden Woodbey: 4-Star, No. 8 S, No. 66 Overall
- Jaelen Gill: 4-Star, No. 2 ATH, No. 69 Overall
- Josh Proctor: 4-Star, No. 15 S, No. 130 Overall
- Brian Snead: 4-Star, No. 8 RB, No. 133 Overall
- Jackson Carman: 5-Star, No. 1 OT, No. 10 Overall
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 5-Star, No. 1 WR, No. 11 Overall
- K.J. Henry: 5-Star, No. 3 DE, No. 18 Overall
- Teradja Mitchell: 5-Star, No. 1 ILB, No. 23 Overall
- Kamryn Babb: 4-Star, No. 83 WR, Unranked Overall
Tweet Of The Week
— Max Wray (@maxwray10) April 15, 2017
Four-star offensive tackle Max Wray was excited to announce his commitment to Ohio State.