Nov. 1 at Arizona State 19, Utah 16 OT
And You Care Because … In overtime, Utah’s Andy Philips missed with right, but a time out was called, and he missed on his second chance wide left. Arizona State took advantage, winning on a 30-yard Zane Gonzalez field goal. It was a field goal fest, as Gonzalez gave ASU the lead on first quarter field goals from 20 and 45 yards out, but Utah got three from Phillips from 50, 36 and 44 yards out. There was some offensive punch, with Jaelen Strong catching a six-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter to give ASU a 13-3 lead, but Utah tied it in the third on a four-yard Devontae Booker catch. Down three, Gonzalez tied it late on a 30-yard field goal, and while ASU had one last shot, the Hail Mary attempt was picked off.
What Else? Arizona State QB Taylor Kelly completed 18-of-32 passes for 205 yards and a score and a pick, and ran 14 times for 55 yards
– Utah RB Devontae Booker ran 37 times for 146 yards, and caught two passes for six yards and a score
– Arizona State RB Demario Richard ran 14 times for 116 yards
– Total yards: Arizona State 444 – Utah 241
Game Rating: A-
Nov. 1 California 45, at Oregon State 31
And You Care Because … Daniel Lasco ran for three touchdowns and Vic Enwere ran for a 19-yard touchdown as Cal pulled ahead in the second quarter, but had to rally back late. Oregon State got up 31-27 in the fourth with a 16-yard Terron Ward run and a 17-yard Chris Brown touchdown run, but it was all Cal the rest of the way with 17 unanswered points. Chris Harper caught a ten-yard touchdown pass and Lasco put it away on a 15-yard run, while the Bear defense clamped down.
What Else? California RB Daniel Lasco ran 30 times for 188 yards and three touchdowns
– Oregon State WR Jordan Villamin caught nine passes for 140 yards and a score, and Victor Bolden caught 11 passes for 119 yards
– Cal WR Stephen Anderson caught nine passes for 117 yards
– Third down conversions: Cal 11-of-19 – Oregon State 3-of-11
Game Rating: B
Nov. 1 Washington 38, at Colorado 23
And You Care Because … Washington spotted Colorado the first ten points of the game, and got down 20-10, but everything started to kick in from late in the second quarter and on, with Kendyl Taylor catching a nine-yard touchdown pass, and getting 21 unanswered points as Dante Pettis caught a 28-yard touchdown pass and returned a punt 87 yards for a score. The defense got into the act as Travis Feeney returns an interception 30 yards for a touchdown.
What Else? Washington RB Shaq Thompson ran 15 times for 174 yards and a score
– Colorado QB Sefo Liufau completed 36-of-52 passes for 314 yards and two touchdowns with an interception
– Turnovers: Colorado 4 – Washington 3
– Third down conversions: Colorado 11-of-21 (2-of-3 on 4th downs) – Washington 2-of-11 (1-of-1 on 4th downs)
Game Rating: B
Nov. 1 at UCLA 17, Arizona 7
And You Care Because … In a strange game, Arizona scored on its first drive, with Cayleb Jones running catching a 14-yard pass, but that was it. UCLA slugged its way to 17 points with a 24-yard Ka’imi Fairbarin field goal in the second and a five-yard Paul Perkins run in the third for all the points needed. Less than a minute later, Jordan Payton took a Brett Hundley pass 70 yards for a touchdown. Arizona had a few chances, but drives were stopped by key stops, a big interception, and a blocked field goal.
What Else? UCLA QB Brett Hundley completed 19-of-26 passes for 189 yards and a score, and ran 24 times for 131 yards
– Arizona QB Anu Solomon completed 18-of-48 passes for 175 yards and a touchdown with an interception, and ran ten times for eight yards
– Total yards: UCLA 460 – Arizona 255
– Penalties: UCLA 11 for 118 yards – Arizona 4 for 40 yards
Game Rating: B-
Nov. 1 at Oregon 45, Stanford 16
And You Care Because … Oregon proved it could handle Stanford as Marcus Mariota found Charles Nelson for a six-yard score and ran for a 22-yard touchdowns in the first quarter. Stanford fought back with two of Jordan Williamson’s three field goals, and a one-yard Patrick Skov run to pull within 24-16, but Thomas Tyner’s 21-yard touchdown run sparked an unanswered run of 21 points. Mariota added a seven-yard score and a 25-yard touchdown pass to Darren Carrington.
What Else? Oregon QB Marcus Mariota completed 19-of-30 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns with an interception, and ran nine times for 85 yards and two scores
– Stanford QB Kevin Hogan completed 21-of-29 passes for 237 yards and an interception, and led the team with 42 rushing yards on 11 carries
– Time of possession: Stanford 35:38 – Oregon 24:22
– Third down conversions: Oregon 8-of-13 – Stanford 6-of-13
Game Rating: C+
Nov. 1 USC 44, at Washington State 17
And You Care Because … USC rolled scoring the first 24 points of the game as JuJu Smith made two 22-yard touchdown catches, and Nelson Agholor began his huge day with a 65-yard punt return for a score. Washington State suffered more than on the scoreboard, losing QB Connor Halliday to a broken leg. Luke Falk threw a nine-yard touchdown pass to Robert Lewis, but USC exploded with Agholor catching an 87-yard touchdown pass and Smith adding a seven-yard scoring catch.
What Else? USC WR Nelson Agholor caught eight passes for 220 yards and a score, and returned two punts for 71 yards and a score
– Washington State QB Luke Falk completed 38-of-57 passes for 370 yards and two touchdowns with an interception
– USC QB Cody Kessler completed 21-of-32 passes for 400 yards and five touchdowns
– Time of possession: Washington State 36:30 – USC 23:30
Game Rating: C-
Nov. 1 at Arizona State 19, Utah 16 OT