The Syracuse football schedule for 2016 kicks off with a slew of home games, but the November becomes nasty.
2016 Syracuse Football Schedule
Sept. 1 Colgate
Sept. 9 Louisville
Sept. 17 South Florida
Sept. 24 at Connecticut
Oct. 1 Notre Dame (in East Rutherford)
Oct. 8 at Wake Forest
Oct. 15 Virginia Tech
Oct. 22 at Boston College
Oct. 29 OPEN DATE
Nov. 5 at Clemson
Nov. 12 NC State
Nov. 19 Florida State
Nov. 26 at Pitt
Non-Conference Games: Colgate, South Florida, at Connecticut, Notre Dame
Games vs. the Coastal: Virginia Tech, at Pitt
5 Keys To The Schedule
– Dino Babers’ first season kicks off with a local layup against Colgate, but the other non-conference dates won’t be easy with USF and UConn two dangerous American Athletic teams, and the Notre Dame game in East Rutherford the obvious big one of the bunch.
– Getting Louisville in the Carrier Dome to start the ACC season on a Friday night should be a blast – the place should be rocking. That’s part of a run of three straight home games to start, but the payback comes up later.
– Considering the Notre Dame game is in New Jersey, Syracuse has only one home game from September 24th to November 12th. That’s a long, LONG stretch outside of the dome.
– The Orange had better pile up the wins early, because November is a bear dealing with Clemson and Florida State, while hosting NC State and going to Pitt.
– WATCH OUT FOR … UConn. The Husky defense might be just tough enough to be a problem with the focus on the upcoming Notre Dame likely to be a problem. It’s the first road game of the year.
2017 Non-Conference Games: Central Michigan, at LSU