We have reached the end of the road: Selection Sunday is here. Here are a few notes on our final bracket projections:
• The upsets in the A-10 and ACC tourney made it easier to select the last teams in, as SMU and Notre Dame got bumped. I could still see the committee taking Xavier or BYU over Wyoming, but I find it unlikely.
• Kentucky did not have quite enough to get to the top line. Instead, I went with two Big 12 teams in Kansas and Baylor as No. 1 seeds.
• Really tough call for that last two seed. Tennessee is very much in the running with Villanova. I went with Nova solely because of their win over Tennessee earlier this year.
• Davidson’s resume was thin, but the pure volume of wins and winning the regular season title put them in with an at-large bid.
• The middle of the bracket is always tough to seed, but we made the choice on the whole body of work and not just the last few weeks this year.
LAST FOUR IN: Wyoming, Texas A&M, Rutgers, Michigan
FIRST FOUR OUT: Notre Dame, SMU, Xavier, Oklahoma
NEXT FOUR OUT: BYU, VCU, Colorado, Dayton
CONFERENCES WITH MULTIPLE BIDS
BIG TEN: 9
BIG EAST: 7
BIG 12: 6
Make sure and follow me on twitter @tkbrackets to get my reaction to the bracket along with updates and picks heading into the tourney during championship week. And listen to my annual pre tourney podcast which breaks down the field and gives you tips on the bracket.