Well, the bracket you have all been waiting for is here: the final Stadium prediction just hours ahead of the selection show. Here are some key points to my bracket:
- I think the top four seeds are solid, but I could see the committee shuffling the top three teams. I kept Alabama as the top seed, as they have continued to win after the top-16 reveal with their impressive performance in the SEC tourney. The tougher call was Kansas over Houston; Houston did nothing to deserve the drop to three, but I can’t overlook the impressive résumé Kansas put together in the Big 12.
- Certainly UCLA and Texas were in play for the last No. 1 seed, but Purdue did nothing to deserve the drop and the four high-quality wins at the top of their resume keeps them as No. 4 overall.
- Marquette’s sweep of Big East titles moves them up to a two seed, and Big East mate UConn garners the last three seed with strong metrics and stellar play down the stretch.
- It was a very tough call on lines four through six. Virginia’s strong play throughout the entire season kept them on the four line, edging Iowa State, who just accumulated too many loses to be bumped up a line. Duke’s strong finish to the season earned them a five seed, as did Texas A&M’s late-season run. The odd team out here was Creighton, who dropped to a seven seed. Despite having a good NET ranking and excellent predictive metrics, the Bluejays did not have enough high-quality wins to be included on the six line.
- And finally, on the bubble, the toughest call was between two ACC teams — North Carolina State and Pitt — and Oklahoma State. In the end, the 18-15 overall record by the Cowboys was the deciding factor in a very close call. I could see the committee including them over one of the above.
Follow me on Twitter @tkbrackets all tournament long as I give you picks and commentary on the games and matchups.
LAST FOUR IN: NC State, Rutgers, Pitt, Arizona State
FIRST FOUR OUT: Oklahoma State, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Nevada
NEXT FOUR OUT: North Carolina, Michigan, North Texas, Wisconsin
CONFERENCES WITH MULTIPLE BIDS
Big Ten: 9
Big 12: 7
Big East: 5