Oct. 11 LSU 30, at Florida 27
And You Care Because … With the game tied in the final minute, a late interception of Jeff Driskel led to a 50-yard Colby Delahoussaye field goal as time expired to give LSU the win. Rough early, the game got stronger as the game went on with neither team ever up by more than one score after Florida took a 17-7 lead early in the second quarter. Kenny Hilliard and Leonard Fournette brought the Tigers back with two short scores, and Travin Dural answered a Florida score – an 11-yard Demarcus Robinson touchdown grab – with an 11-yard touchdown catch with under three minutes to play. A 73-yard pass play to Robinson gave the Gators a perfect chance to take the lead in the final minutes, but the LSU defense held on the goal line, forcing Florida to settle for an 18-yard Francisco Velez field goal to tie it before the wild final 90 seconds.
What Else? Total yards: Florida 306 – LSU 305. Turnovers: Florida 3 – LSU 0
– LSU RB Leonard Fournette ran 27 times for 140 yards and two touchdowns
– Florida QB Jeff Driskel completed 14-of-25 passes for 183 yards and a score with two picks, and led the team with 71 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries
– LSU QB Anthony Jennings completed 10-of-21 passes for 110 yards and a touchdown
Game Rating: B+
Oct. 11 at Mississippi State 38, Auburn 23
And You Care Because … It was a sloppy, rainy game, but it was all beautiful for Mississippi State as it got up 21-0 in the first quarter on short touchdown runs from Dak Prescott and Josh Robinson, and a 34-yard pass play to De’Runnya Wilson. Auburn turnovers proved costly from start to finish, hanging around with two D’haquille Williams touchdown catches and three Daniel Carlson field goals, but when pushed, Mississippi State came through, with a key defensive stop and scoring runs from Prescott and Williams to stay up. Auburn kept pushing late, but driving, Nick Marshall was picked off for a second time.
What Else? Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott completed 18-of-34 passes for 246 yards and a score with two picks, and he ran 21 times for 121 yards and two touchdowns
– Auburn QB Nick Marshall completed 17-of-25 passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions, and let the team with 100 rushing yards on 17 carries
– Rushing yards: Auburn 232 – Mississippi State 223
– Turnovers: Auburn 4 – Mississippi State 4
Game Rating: B+
Oct. 11 Alabama 14, at Arkansas 13
And You Care Because … In an ugly win, Alabama survived with T.J. Yeldon running for a 22-yard score in the first and DeAndrew White catching a six-yard touchdown catch in the fourth, but it was a blocked extra point on Arkansas’ first score – a Jonathan Williams three-yard run – that turned out to be the difference. The Hogs took the lead late in the third on a 54-yard pass play to A.J. Derby, but the offense couldn’t take advantage of several other opportunities, with Brandon Allen getting picked off by Landon Collins on the final drive.
What Else? Total yards: Arkansas 335 – Alabama 227
– Alabama LB Reggie Ragland made 12 tackles
– Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams ran 20 times for 83 yards and a score, Alex Collins ran six times for 13 yards
– Alabama WR T.J. Yeldon was banged up, catching just two passes for 35 yards and a touchdown
Game Rating: B-
Oct. 11 Ole Miss 35, at Texas A&M 20
And You Care Because … In front of a record-setting crowd of over 107,000, Ole Miss dominated from the start with a 21-0 first half lead on two touchdown runs from Bo Wallace and a 75-yard interception return for a touchdown from Cody Prewitt. Texas A&M started to come back with a three-yard scoring run from Trey Williams, but Ole Miss answered with Quincy Adeboyejo catching a 33-yard touchdown pass on a perfect throw from Wallace. The Rebel defense was at it again, with Keith Lewis taking a fumble 21 yards for a touchdown for a 35-7 early fourth quarter lead, and it was over. Kenny Hill threw two late touchdown passes for the Aggies.
What Else? Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace completed 13-of-19 passes for 178 yards and a score, and ran 14 times for a team-leading 50 yards and two touchdowns
– Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill completed 42-of-53 passes for 401 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions
– Texas A&M WR Speedy Noil caught 11 passes for 105 yards
– Turnovers: Texas A&M 3 – Ole Miss 0
Game Rating: C+
Oct. 11 at Vanderbilt 21, Charleston Southern 20
And You Care Because … Vanderbilt got up 18-3 helped by a 65-yard C.J. Duncan touchdown catch and an eight-yard run from Dallas Rivers. Charleston Southern wouldn’t go away, with a blocked punt for a score and ten unanswered points in the second half on a ten-yard Zachary Frazier run and a 30-yard David Kennedy field goal to pull within one. The Commodores held on late, even though the offense couldn’t score in the second half.
What Else? Vanderbilt QB Johnny Duncan completed 10-of-16 passes for 169 yards and a score with a pick
– Vanderbilt WR C.J. Duncan caught seven passes for 119 yards and a touchdown
– Charleston Southern RB Mike Holloway ran 18 times for 105 yards, and led the team with 79 receiving yards on three catches
– Total yards: Charleston Southern 389 – Vanderbilt 295
Game Rating: C
Oct. 11 at Kentucky 48, ULM 14
And You Care Because … Kentucky struggled early, getting down 14-3 on two Pete Thomas touchdown passes for the Warhawks. It was all Wildcats the rest of the way, scoring 45 unanswered points helped by three Patrick Towles touchdown passes and interception returns for scores from Josh Forrest and Marcus McWilson. Stanley Williams cranked out a 58-yard touchdown run late in the third to put it well out of reach.
What Else? Kentucky QB Patrick Towles completed 16-of-28 passes for 216 yards and three scores
– ULM QB Pete Thomas completed 20-of-31 passes for 167 yards and two touchdowns with a pick six, and Brayle Brown completed 2-of-8 passes for 20 yards with a pick six
– Kentucky WR Javess Blue caught three passes for 109 yards and two scores
– Third down conversions: ULM 8-of-20 – Kentucky 1-of-12
Game Rating: D+
Oct. 11 Georgia 34, at Missouri 0
And You Care Because … The Georgia defense dominated throughout, forcing four Maty Mauk picks, and the offense didn’t have a problem without Todd Gurley as Hutson Mason, Brendon Douglas, and Nick Chubb all ran touchdowns and Marshall Morgan connected on two field goals. The Tigers managed just 147 yards of total offense thanks to the Georgia dominant performance highlighted by Quincy Mauger coming up with two of the four interceptions.
What Else? Georgia RB Nick Chubb ran 38 times for 143 yards and a score
– Missouri QB Maty Mauk completed 9-of-21 passes for 97 yards and four interceptions, and finished with -14 rushing yards
– Georgia QB Hutson Mason completed 22-of-28 passes for 156 yards and a score, and ran for a touchdown
– 3rd down conversions: Georgia 12-of-21 – Missouri 0-of-7. Time off possession: Georgia 42:23 – Missouri 17:37
Game Rating: D
Oct. 11 at Tennessee 45, Chattanooga 10
And You Care Because … The Vols cruised after getting up 17-0 in the first half with Justin Worley running for an eight-yard score and throwing a five-yard touchdown pass to Marquez North. Worley closed out the first half with a 21-yard touchdown pass to Johnathon Joseph with 15 seconds to play, and then the two connected again two plays into the second half on a 19-yard touchdown. Worley ran for a second score for a 38-3 lead going into the fourth.
What Else? Tennessee QB Justin Worley completed 19-of-24 passes for 198 yards and three touchdowns, and he ran for two touchdowns
– Chattanooga QB Jacob Huesman completed 9-of-16 passes for 85 yards and an interception, and led the team with 45 rushing yards on 12 carries
– Total yards: Tennessee 340 – Chattanooga 201
– Yards per carry: Tennessee 2.9 – Chattanooga 2.8
Game Rating: D
Oct. 11 LSU 30, at Florida 27